Kisumu Peer Educators (KISPED) is looking for a qualified person to fill the below position
Job Title: Program Officer
Reports To: Chief Creatives Officer.
Terms: 1 year (Renewable)
Kisumu Peer Educators (KISPED) was formed in the year 2006, with its mandate to promote fundamental human rights value of Sexual and Gender Minority persons through Arts, Media and sports.
The Position entails coordinating and implementing Projects on Media, Arts and Sports within the organization. The officer in charge will be reporting to Chief Creative Officer and the implementation will be in realignment with the Organization policies.
- Ensure day to day researching of relevant content on issues of LGBTIQ; through interviews and conversations with affected community members.
- Scripting; Ensure production of quality and inspiring scripts on relevant content affecting the LGBTIQ society on a monthly basis.
- Supervising artists and art works; ensure artistic performance and creativities are within the work plans and are adhered to.
- Ensure proper records of the artistic volunteers are properly filed and kept for reference.
- Ensure production of quality plays through proper and through performances and frequent practice of the artistic volunteers.
- To ensure proper media (both video and studio/podcast) documentation in place in accordance to the current work plans.
- Ensure all the media productions are forwarded to the chief creative officer for proper storage.
- Coordinate with the sustainability officer and ensure that the prospected leads are executed end to end.
- Coordinate with accountant when selecting the right venue with the target audience for booking and equipment needed for the activity.
- Ensure quality reports are prepared in time after every activity and submitted to the supervisor for filing.
- Ensure coordination with local and mainstream media.
- Will be in charge of studio and Production of podcast, documentaries, Audio productions, Photo Galleries and development of documentation consent note before production.
1. A Degree/Diploma in Media/Public Relations field especially project management or any other related field.
2. At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO set up.
3. Must have a background in Performing Art and Media Advocacy.
4. Ability to communicate with people at all levels
5. Good team work, communication and inter personal skills.
6. Has experience in working in a human rights organization especially in sexual and Gender minority organizations.
7. Ability to work independently as well as in teams and meets deadline.
8. Understand or have knowledge on donor reporting standards.
All applications must be sent electronically to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
By 19th November, 2018: the email should include the following
1. A cover letter detailing current work, experience, qualifications and expected remuneration.
2. An updated CV
3. Names and contacts of at least 3 professional referees
4. Copies of academic certificates
NB: KISPED is an equal opportunity employer irrespective of age, sex, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, HIV Status or physical capacities. Person who identify as LGBTI are encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!