Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Reports To: Chief Creatives Officer.
Terms: 1 year
Kisumu Peer Educators (KISPED) was formed in the year 2006, with its mandate to promote fundamental human rights value of Sexual and Gender Minority persons through Arts, Media and Sports.
This position involves daily management of project finances and administration duties. It also entails adherence to donor reporting guidelines and standards and as per the Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles.
1. Maintain cashbooks and account records
2. Make payments, including payment vouchers
3. Receive cash, including preparing receipt vouchers
4. Prepare month end cashbook
5. Maintain monthly bank reconciliation statements for all accounts
6. Prepare monthly payroll and stipends
7. Maintain staff attendance every month
8. In coordination with Chief Creatives Officer, ensure all staff records updated and well kept.
9. Oversee all administrative filing and records
10. Ensure petty cash documents are well updated and the float is maintained.
11. Make note of exchange gains or loss in donor foreign currency
12. Ensure all the organization’s bills are settled in time
13. Conduct procurement activities as per the office requirements in line with the procurement policy.
14. Produce monthly and quarterly financial reports and share with the Chief Creatives Officer for decision making.
15. In charge and organize staffs meetings
1. A Degree/Diploma in Business related field especially Finance, Accounting, Administration or any other related field.
2. At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO set up
3. Must have a background accounting software’s
4. Must have a background in computer packages especially in excel, Access, MS Word etc.
5. Good team work, communication and inter personal skills.
6. Has experience in working in a human rights organization especially in sexual and Gender minority organizations.
7. Ability to work independently as well as in teams and meets deadline with little supervision.
8. Understand or have knowledge on donor reporting standards
All applications must be sent electronically to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
by 19th November, 2018: the email should include the following
1. A cover letter detailing current work, experience, qualifications and expected remuneration.
2. An updated CV
3. Names and contacts of at least 3 professional referees
4. Copies of academic certificates
NB: KISPED is an equal opportunity employer irrespective of age, sex, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, HIV Status or physical capacities. Person who identify as LGBTI are encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!