The case is being heard by a three Judge bench.
Yesterday's proceedings focused on
Statement of the expert Witness Dr. Lukoye Atwoli, associate professor of Psychiatry at Moi University on fundamental issues of
* Sexual orientation : Is it a choice or inborn
* Science on the area of homosexuality
* Can LGBTI persons be 'changed ' or 'treated '
He was comprehensively cross-examined by lawyers ( representing AGs office and
Irungu Kang'ata who is a Kenyan politician and the Senator for Murang'a County)
- They attempted to introduce the idea that sexual orientation is a choice.
- They also tried to discredit him terming him as an activist and a biased expert witness. (Terms the Judges condemned)
The lawyer representing the petitioners is Paul Muite. He did a wonderful Job of ensuring the court understood that sexual orientation was not a choice .